As a seasoned web designer and project manager with over 10+ years of experience, I have helped hundreds of clients go through the process of designing a website. And because, time and time again, people ask me the famous “how-to” questions, I decided to put together Website in a Week – The Ultimate WordPress Bootcamp for all of you interested in the “do-it-yourself with the help of a designer” approach. But brace yourself, unless you follow the instructions and do the work required, your website may not be successfully launched in a week’s time.
Over the years, I’ve realized that some clients find the process of launching a website (with or without WordPress) rather daunting or difficult. While others go into the web design process without clearly defining their objectives or goals, which limits how effective their website will be in the long run.
The good news is — building an attractive, user-friendly, and effective website isn’t all that difficult. With the right planning processes and technologies in place, you can create a website which meets and even exceeds your expectations. That means more traffic and more profit for your business.
Furthermore, I will not only share the details about the Ultimate WordPress Bootcamp that I am launching soon but also give you the essential tools you need to create a website with WordPress – the world’s most popular content management system.
But Why WordPress?
WordPress is the world’s most popular content management system. It is used to power more than 31% of the world’s websites and has a 59.9% market share amongst content management systems. WordPress has become incredibly popular because it is simple to install, powerful, secure, and highly versatile. You can use WordPress for everything from a personal blog to a large eCommerce website. It is used by some of the world’s biggest companies including Disney, Sony Music, BBC America, & Bloomberg.
The WordPress web design process is fast and simple, thanks to the platform’s powerful theme and plugin systems. The popularity of the platform also makes it is simple to find talented WordPress web design professionals to help you launch a new website or add features to an existing website.
The Ultimate WordPress Bootcamp
First things first, the Ultimate WordPress Bootcamp will cover the following topics:
► Introduction to WordPress + Gutenberg and outline plan of action (SETUP)
► Gather all the tools necessary to make everything run smoothly (INSTALL)
► Create a roadmap to success for your future web presence (PLAN)
► Dive into content creation before designing your website (CREATE)
► Revise and test until your web presence is ready to go live (LAUNCH)
► Look into social media and what it takes to generate web traffic (SHARE)
As you can see, this comprehensive bootcamp, designed and tested to have your website ready in a week’s time, is ideal for hands-on entrepreneurs, small businesses and anyone who always wanted to design websites with WordPress.
How to Design a Website in a Week?
Below you will find the steps that are required to design a WordPress website in a week. Of course, the Ultimate WordPress Bootcamp goes much deeper into details on each step, giving you all of the information and support you need to launch an attractive, user-friendly and effective website.
But first off, congratulation on taking your first step to launch your website with WordPress. Well, we’re not there yet, but at least you are ready to get started with the step by step guide. Now that deserves a round of applause don’t you think? So here it is the Website in a Week outline:
Day 1 – SETUP
The SETUP stage is about finding the right tool for the job. We’ll explore details of the web software platforms that are useful for creating a professional website as efficiently as possible. Some of the topics covered are:
- What is WordPress + Gutenberg and what are the key features?
- Skills you need to design a WordPress website
- What technologies & tools does WordPress require to run?
- How to find reliable and affordable web hosting that is appropriate for your website
Day 2 – INSTALL
This section of the course will provide you with step-by-step instructions for downloading and installing the software you need for your website. This will include information on:
- Where to obtain WordPress and how to install it
- How to configure and secure your WordPress website
- How to find and install WordPress resources like plugins and themes
- Best page builder solutions to make the design process seamless & fun
Day 3 – PLAN
As the saying goes — if you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Planning is an essential part of building a website and will determine the success of your project. This module will explain how to plan your website in a way that ensures its success. It will go over:
- Defining the purpose, goals and target audience for your website
- Describing the functionality & structure that your website requires
- Defining a timeline for the websites design, development, and initial marketing phases
- Defining a content strategy (will you use blog posts, video, slideshows)
Day 4 – CREATE
The next stage will delve into the techniques that are used to create your WordPress website. It will explain:
- An in-depth look at the WordPress website creation process
- How to create a wireframe, mockup & graphics for your website
- Insight into planning & adding content to your website
- How to market and optimize your website’s content for search engines
Day 5 – LAUNCH
Before your website can launch, we’ll walk through the entire website testing process. The part, of course, will explain how to perform WordPress website testing.
- The website launch process from schedule to backup
- How to test websites in different browsers & gadgets to catch bugs
- What measures to take to secure your website and its content
- Ways to monitor your website’s performance and speed with Google Analytics
Day 6 – SHARE
The last module of the course will take a closer look at marketing your WordPress website with a focus on social media. We’ll look into:
- Why social media is an important tool for marketing your websites
- Ways to set up an effective presence on social media platforms like Pinterest
- How to incorporate social media functionality into your website (SM & newsletter)
- How to use social media to improve your brand awareness, authority, and user experience
Day 7 – Your WordPress Website is LIVE
Time to celebrate! By now, we’ve covered all the step to launch your website … take some time to pad yourself on your shoulder and start planning your next steps. It’s great to have a website up and running but the “do-it-yourself” approach also requires for you to put aside some time to regularly backup/update your website and even can be automated.
Congrats, it’s time to show off your website!
Wait, you didn’t get to launch your websites yet? Perhaps you need more “hands-on” guidance? Worry not, I’ve got you covered in my Website in a Week offer. Together, we’ll plan, design and launch your website the same way a professional designer would do. After all, having me by your side is exactly what you get … my 10+ years of web design experience. What are you waiting on? It’s an unheard of deal & won’t get any better! Hurry up, as I only offer 5 spots for a limited time (offer ends Nov 30, 2018).
Secure your chance to learn how to design a WordPress website with a professional designer.